Makes 4 servings
- 2 eggs
- 1/3 cup milk
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 4 (10-inch) flour tortillas
- 4 tablespoons (1/2 stick) butter, divided
- 3 tablespoons confectioners’ sugar
1. In a medium bowl, whisk the eggs, milk, sugar, cinnamon, and vanilla until well blended.
2. Cut each tortilla into quarters then place in the egg mixture. Gently stir to completely coat the tortillas. Allow that to soak for 10 minutes, or until softened.
3. In a large skillet, melt 1 tablespoon butter over medium-high heat. Add 4 tortilla quarters and cook for 4 to 5 minutes, or until golden, turning halfway through cooking. Drain on a paper towel-lined platter. Repeat with the remaining butter and tortillas. Sprinkle with confectioners’ sugar and serve immediately.
NOTE: Sure, you can top these with maple syrup or even fresh or thawed frozen strawberries.